The Brief - Thoughts
Looking at the brief, I wanted to do a monster. Some big weird creature that was all horrific and gory and.. Horrific. But I steered away from it after a conversation with Wesley from SpinFX.
Wesley explained that the better way to show people what you can do, is do their thing in your own way. So, I picked to do my own thing.. But someone elses thing.
Anyway, I didn't know what exactly to focus on. A game, a movie, a cartoon. I had no idea. My first thoughts were referring me to the likes of the Vindictus Character Trailer for 'Arisha' or the Demon Hunter from Diablo 3 (Links Below)Now it wasn't a digital composite, in any way or form. I wanted to take the idea and animate a character in such a way around familiar surroundings.
I was thinking creepy demonic characters scaling buildings around Derry and hiding in the shadows among normal living people. Giving a Legend of Zelda Shadow Temple vibe to everything.
I started sketching a lanky, skinny demonic character and how it would interact ontop of buildings and such. A really out there thing before I had any idea where I was going with this brief!
But that's just the first thoughts I had approaching this brief. Maybe looking on a much larger scale then someone could achieve in our short time span. Making it more difficult then it could be!
Equipment worries.
My biggest concern was equipment. I don't have the money for high end camera that sings and dances for me at the same time, neither a DSLR. A standard camera with high MP and ISO levels for days, with neat optical zoom would have to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment